Anyone Know How This Texture Was Put On? - Drywall & Plaster - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Anyone know how this texture was put on?

I'm building a wall to separate my rec room in the basement to make another bedroom. I'm going to tape and mud today. I don't know what to do as far as blending to the existing texture on the ceiling. The walls aren't textured at all so I'm not worried about the. My friend that is helping me suggested that I just fill in the gap with joint compound and not tape it. He said it would probably crack but it would be hard to notice. The other option is to scrape off some of the texture, tape and mud the joint, and try to blend with the existing texture. Any advice on what route to go? Also, if I do scrape and tape the joint, does anyone know how this texture was achieved so I can attempt to reproduce it? It almost looks like a natural sponge to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone know how this texture was put on?-004-620x465-.jpg  

Advertisement

fall22123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
Drywall and Painting Pro

Rewards Points: 330

Anyone know how this texture was put on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall22123 View Post
I'm building a wall to separate my rec room in the basement to make another bedroom. I'm going to tape and mud today. I don't know what to do as far as blending to the existing texture on the ceiling. The walls aren't textured at all so I'm not worried about the. My friend that is helping me suggested that I just fill in the gap with joint compound and not tape it. He said it would probably crack but it would be hard to notice. The other option is to scrape off some of the texture, tape and mud the joint, and try to blend with the existing texture. Any advice on what route to go? Also, if I do scrape and tape the joint, does anyone know how this texture was achieved so I can attempt to reproduce it? It almost looks like a natural sponge to me.
I'd definitely tape and mud that joint. As far as the texture I'd say they used a crows foot texture brush.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...qs=n&form=QBIR

Advertisement

Checkout some of my How to videos->How to Secrets from a Drywall Finisher
Sir MixAlot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drywall , tape , texture