Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Drywall & Plaster

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #1

Share |

advice on dry wall job

so we rent a townouse and for a year we have had a sewer gas smell coming into our place.they finally found the problem by cutting a hole in my mothers bedroom and repairing the pipe. we now had someone come to repair the hole that was made. it seems like the work was done very poorly and i had stop the guy before he was done.there were foot prints on the drywall where he kicked it into place and it is right against the vent pipe that was repaired that was leaking the gas.he scored the outer layer of drywall all around the edges and just randomly fit a piece in to fill a hole leaving a big gap through the wall.i would think the cracks and holes shouldnt be left and just filled with putty considering the problem we had..any opinion or advice on what if anything looks wrong or half a$%

thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails
advice on dry wall job-photo-52-.jpg   advice on dry wall job-photo-53-.jpg  
Attached Images

Foghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #2

advice on dry wall job

Where is the problem in the pictures?

Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #3

advice on dry wall job

around that mishaped white piece just thrown in there...so thats a professional drywalling job?

seems to me they could have sealed that up way better than just with tape and putty
Foghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #4

advice on dry wall job

It's not great, but the mud & tape will cover it just fine.

Are you finishing it yourself?
GottaFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #5

advice on dry wall job

my only issue with those pictures is how the paper was cut back,..and then drywall screws applied in the paperless area. I understand why it was done, just don't like it.
1910NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
Drywall contractor

advice on dry wall job

It will finish out fine if the guy is a professional. The small additional piece is not a problem....