Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Blogs > George T


Rate this Entry

Unknown tool

Posted 08-21-2014 at 12:53 PM by George T

When we closed my father-in-laws estate, we found the attached in his tool box and are wondering what it is. Both cylinders are aluminum, connected by a bracket and approximately 7/8th "in diameter. The right cylinder is almost 5" long and has screw on caps on both ends. The bottom appears to have a wax seal inside and the upper cap houses a cotton wad. The left cylinder is about 4 1/8th" inches long and the neck at the top is about 1". When the cap on the angle is removed, there is a small orifice and the bottom of the angle has a cotton wick that goes into the cylinder. What is this and what is it used for?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown tool.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	20  
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 221 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1


  1. Old Comment
    Did he ever do any welding? It looks like it might attach to a gas canister or something.
    Posted 09-09-2014 at 04:23 PM by fisher57 fisher57 is offline

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.